Name:
Location: Los Angeles, Calfornia, United States

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

Friday, June 24, 2005

Is there any outrage left?

I thought I had heard it all. I thought that the Republicans had hit a new low.

Boy, was I wrong!

I hadn't counted on Karl Rove. He said that we Democrats and liberals just wanted to coddle the perpetrators of 9/11 and offer them "therapy."

This is the exact quote from Karl Rove:

"Liberals saw the savagery of the 9-11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers. Conservatives saw the savagery of 9/11 . . . and prepared for war."

I heard that, and I sputtered with rage. Other words came to mind: despicable, abhorrent, disgusting, nauseating, reprehensible...

Now, I thought I knew lots of words.

But for this one, friends, I ran out of words. I can't express the complete and utter disgust and abysmal contempt I am feeling for this appalling slander - and the ...person... who uttered it. (I don't know if I believe that Karl Rove qualifies for the term "person.")

How dare he? How DARE he?

I am an American too. Just like every single Republican sitting out in that audience who nodded their heads sagely when Karl Rove uttered those despicable words.

I cried on September 11th. And that was after I heard the news on the radio, and ran to turn on my television set - just in time to see the 2nd plane hit the towers. I stood watching, aghast, my hand over my mouth to hold in the screams, sick horror in my heart, tears streaming down my face, my heart pounding in my chest and my knees buckling until I ended up in a heap on my floor.

And for Karl Rove, that smug bastard, to have the gall to speak those words about me and every other liberal and Democrat - his fellow Americans - is just beyond the pale of any standard of decency.

I want Karl Rove to apologize. Well, to be really honest, I'd like to have him hung, drawn and quartered. But since that isn't going to happen, the very least he could do is apologize.

And keep his damned ugly mouth shut.

Kate


1 Comments:

Blogger melgister said...

I really must say this is one of the most beneficial blogs I have ever come across. I am not just saying that to kiss up to you! I am doing a research paper for my master degrees and spent the last 10 hours (and 12 cups of coffee) researching this area topic. So many blogs have generic information but yours is different. I can actually apply some of this information to my works. No worries I will give you credit in my references. I took it upon myself to put you in my favorites and will visit back to let you know how my grade ends up. Many thanks!boulder college of massage therapy.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home