Name:
Location: Los Angeles, Calfornia, United States

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Outraged? You're damn right I'm outraged.

I read the words that Senator Dick Durbin spoke about the torture of prisoners in Guantanamo Bay...that if we did not know it was Americans committing the acts he read from that report, we'd never believe that they weren't being done by a Nazi or a mad dictator's regime.

I read the words.

And I applauded.

"Applauded?," you ask. Damned right I applauded.

"But," you say, completely bewildered, "why are you outraged? Your title says that you're outraged..."

Do you want to know why I'm outraged?

I'll tell you: because Senator Durbin APOLOGIZED.

I'm done with all this pussyfooting around the right wing. I'm tired of all the crap, the double standards and the hypocrisy.

I'm fed up with the blast of Republican prissy, purse-mouthed finger-pointing and the "you said a dirty word" schoolyard bullshit.

Let's call a Nazi a Nazi and a gulag a gulag.

Guantanamo Bay is a gulag, an American Auschwitz. All it lacks are the gas chambers, the crematoria and the sign over the gate proclaiming that work will make you free ("Arbeit Macht Frei").

The Republicans continue to turn our beautiful country into a corrupt, bigotry-ridden MULLAHcracy; they're busily flushing our civil rights down the toilet and stealing everything that isn't nailed down - and we're letting them get away with it - because we haven't got the guts to call them on it.

Let's call them on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Me_Nana said...

Great post my friend!!

Nana :)

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home